Latest topics
» Clean up...
Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:48 pm by Dagnon

» May Day
Wed May 18, 2016 10:53 am by Rhoon

» Test game #1
Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:13 am by Wallace

» Rules
Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:05 am by Wallace

» Out of Thin Air
Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:46 pm by kabetts

» Kill Team Argentum
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:35 pm by Dagnon

» Vive la Resistance!
Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:01 am by Wallace

» Travel Companion: Dair Bronzehammer
Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:25 pm by Wallace

» Not all systems functional
Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:49 pm by Wallace


Out of Thin Air

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by kabetts on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:24 pm

The tracks left by what ever had torn the dwarf asunder were easy enough to follow, and it was pretty obvious where they were heading. It was too far for Badger to look through Butterbrickle's eyes but he sent the bird ahead to see what was there and report back as they walked.

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Wallace on Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:02 pm

The clouds were arranging themselves at the far edge of the sky and the sun which had been shining coldly on their progress was racing every so quickly towards those lofty pillows for a good night's rest. Ragnar took responsibility for keeping on track and was the first to come to the forest's edge. Out beyond that edge was the center of the valley through which they could hear the trickling of a stream.

He took a moment to wait for the other two to catch up to him so they could contemplate their next action. They were about half a mile from the clearing they had seen earlier. The tracks would lead to the stream which was about a stone's throw away from them but it would also lead them out of the cover of the forest, showing themselves to everyone in the valley.


OOC:
Kory, your familiar is not intelligent, it doesn't speak or "report". It can deliver touch spells and you can telepathically use its senses within 100 feet. The only things it communicates are emotions and it does this in a telepathic sort of way and they range from "Danger" to "I'm hungry" and "Fuck I stubbed my toe." Ok, that last one is more like "I'm hurt."

Wallace
D6
D6

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by kabetts on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:09 pm

OOC: But as a gnome I can speak with animals, so I can send it to go look and ask it what it sees. It might not be the most clear, but Huge man thing eating littler ones , would probably do the trick.

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Dagnon on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:44 pm

OOC: That goddamn bird needs to watch it's filthy fuckin mouth!

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Wallace on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:16 am

OOC: Your familiar is not a beast as per the Find Familiar spell description: "Appearing in an unoccupied space within range, the familiar has the statistics of the chosen form, though it is celestial, fey, or fiend (your choice) instead of a beast."
If you wanted to talk to some beasts, there were plenty of ravens in the previous scene.

Wallace
D6
D6

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by kabetts on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:34 pm

OOC: So I could still perhaps get the emotional response if there a big scary monster there tearing up dwarves, right?

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Dagnon on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:32 pm

OOC: YAY!

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Dagnon on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:51 pm

Ragnar knew it was time to leave the protective cover of the forest, if they wanted to continue on the foolhardy goal set forth by the prince.

"We continue out in the open, we will not be as protected once we go, are you sure this is your direction m'lord?"

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Mazzic on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:49 pm

He stared ahead, out of the trees into the barren snows beyond. He looked at his faithful companion, who would take life or give his own for his prince. But one had to be worthy of such loyalty, he thought, even if it meant taking risks. He nodded and stepped beyond the tree line.

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by kabetts on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Badger followed the prince out onto the open snow shelf as well, focusing on trudging through the waist deep snow.

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Wallace on Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:34 pm

After making it through the snow mounted up against the pine trees at the treeline, the snow sheet quickly became thinner until you were standing on the pebbles of the streambed which were the size of a gnome's fist. Coursing through these pebbles was a shallow stream, just a few yards wide in most places. Ragnar lost the tracks there as they walked up to the water's edge. Crouching down to scoop some water was some relief as they hadn't been able to drink or eat in a while. The water was ice cold but refreshing and clean.

The trio started looking around to see what there was to see keeping an eye out for the danger that might come from anywhere. It was the wizard's apprentice who saw the terror in the distance, a hulking humanoid standing downstream with his feet in the ice cold water and resting a large tree trunk on its shoulder. It was about 500 feet away. However, before Badger is even able to alert the presence of the ogre to his companions, the brute spots the group as well and starts off in the other direction towards the clearing.

Wallace
D6
D6

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Mazzic on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:20 pm

Roland, sword in hand and shield on arm, looked a bit confused for a moment. "Ragnar...Badger....do my eyes deceive me or is that creature running away from us?" He moved off in the fleeing beast's direction, albeit not very quickly at first, waiting for the other's to join him.

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Dagnon on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:35 pm

"Ya wanted a fight lad, looks like you'll be getting it." Ragnar drew his weapon and ran after his liege lord. "Why does it run FROM us?" He wondered aloud.

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by kabetts on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:28 pm

"It probably doesn't even know we're following it, likely it's running toward something, not away from us."

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Mazzic on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Roland considered the apprentice's answer while he picked up his speed a bit. "You don't think it is running towards...more of its kind, do you?"

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Dagnon on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:51 pm

[b]"The foolishness of this endeavor cannot be overstated Roland. We should break off our pursuit, and trail this creature without it knowing us, perhaps we can surprise it this way.

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Mazzic on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:16 am

The idea struck him as a good one, so the would-be king of Marrland stopped in his tracks. "I promised you Ragnar I was not one to rush headlong into death's jaws. If you think we can track the beast, let us do so."


Last edited by Mazzic on Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Wallace on Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:54 pm

The ogre stopped for a moment and turned to look back at you. Seeing you step forward it grabbed a giant handful of the beach pebbles and threw it as hard as it could. At this range, however, there was only a minute chance of one of the pebbles hitting and you could hear them scatter around you and making splashing noises in the river. The ogre turned back to its previous course and started running again making big strides with its two long legs.

Wallace
D6
D6

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Mazzic on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:01 pm

Roland nudged Ragnar, "Well, he's surely seen us now. Next plan?"

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by kabetts on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:09 am

"There's only one of them, we could probably take him. You guys go ahead, I'll catch up."

Badger then sent butterbrickle after the ogre. Perhaps the bird could distract it and slow it down.

Talons-Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit 1 slashing damage.
Flyby-The owl doesn't provoke opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy's reach.

OOC: Any chance a scorching ray could hit him from here?

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Dagnon on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Ragnar unslung his bow and let loose an arrow at the ogre, also hoping to anger the creature so they could fight it, and JUST it.

"We stick together, or we risk being overcome by such power."

OOC: That is the post I WOULD Have done if I was smart enough to buy a bow at character creation....

Ragnar shook he head as the ogre tried, in vain, to hurl rocks at the party. "We must stick together, if we stand any chance of killing this monster it will take all of us working together."

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Wallace on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:06 am

"Moiwaaaa" A wail suddenly echoed from the forest across the creek. "Moir--moirrraaaaa."
It sounded like some wounded animal but the source became apparent soon enough when a dwarf stumbled out of the treeline, staggered to his knees and looked dazed at the young boy in his shining armor.
For a moment, the dwarf sat confused as he studied Roland intently. He shouted in Dwarven which only Roland could understand. "Hey! Hey. You!"

"You're not my wife." With that unequivocal statement his eyes crossed and he fell forward face first into the snow.

OOC: The ogre was 500 feet away and it's faster than you. Reasons it's running may be varied, it might be injured, dislike fair fights, or maybe it's too early for dinner.

Wallace
D6
D6

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by kabetts on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:08 am

Badger glanced back and forth between the fleeing ogre and the feinted dwarf. He would like to have follow the ogre and deal with it now, but he knew that his short legs would ever be able to keep up with the massive thing. He turned and trudged back up the hill to the edge of the forest where he checked the dwarf lad to make sure that he didn't have any real injuries.

OOC: Medicine check on the dwarf.

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Dagnon on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:13 am

Ragnar nodded his head to Roland. "We can hunt later, let us attend to the dwarf."

Ragnar kept his weapon ready and watched over the area, hoping that Roland would listen to wisdom and see to the survival of the dwarf.

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Mazzic on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Roland stopped, staring at the Dwarf. "I am glad I'm not your wife," he said in the Dwarvish tongue, "Though I imagine I'd make a prettier sight than most of the women in your lands."

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of Thin Air

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum