Latest topics
» Clean up...
Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:48 pm by Dagnon

» May Day
Wed May 18, 2016 10:53 am by Rhoon

» Test game #1
Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:13 am by Wallace

» Rules
Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:05 am by Wallace

» Out of Thin Air
Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:46 pm by kabetts

» Kill Team Argentum
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:35 pm by Dagnon

» Vive la Resistance!
Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:01 am by Wallace

» Travel Companion: Dair Bronzehammer
Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:25 pm by Wallace

» Not all systems functional
Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:49 pm by Wallace


May Day

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Mazzic on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:33 pm

Durin-Daine picked himself up, nodding to the surprisingly help bard as he did. Gritting his teeth he swung at the big bad wolf who had tried to eat him.

Actions:
Stand up
Attack Big Bad Wolf +5

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by kabetts on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Bryn was disappointed that his spell hadn't slowed the wolf. He resigned himself to the fact that he could have to use more drastic measures to handle the creature. It would be cruel for him to let feast on the dwarf, it would probably make itself ill.

Cast Firebolt @ BW - spell atk +5; 1d10 fire damage.

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Himo on Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:48 am

Bo's confidence was at its greatest now. He swiftly moved towards the last of the small wolves and dispatched it with his disciplined strikes. All the while the rest focused on the big monster still standing. It was clearly nervous now and couldn't do much else than fruitlessly bite at the monk which reactions were too nimble to be caught. While it had looked almost dire in the last few seconds, Rorik felt himself regained conciousness again and Aidan's magic helped the other fallen dwarf to recover. The elf's magic certainly hit home this time and the wolf howled in pain as old magic wrecked its body. Durin-daine stood up, but was still a bit too shaky from the near death experience to be effective, but the odds were in their favour again.

Rolls:

Bo: Quarterstaff: 18 + 5 = 23 Hit! 8 damage
Polearm master: 12 + 5 = 17 Hit! 5 damage (Wolf 2 = dead)
Bryn: Firebolt: 7 + 5 = 12 Miss!

Big bad wolf: Bite @ Bo: 2 + 4 = 6 Miss!

Rorik: Dying save = 20 (regain 1 HP, stable @ HP)
Aidan: Cure Wounds @ Durin-Daine: 5 + 2 = 7 Healing
Lath: Eldritch blast @ BW: 12 + 4 = 16 Hit! 10 damage
Durin-daine: Greatsword @ BW: 7 + 5 = 12 Miss!

Map after round 3:

12345678
AL
BBRRBO
CADDBW
D
E
F
G
H

Himo
D4
D4

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-05-26
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Dagnon on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:49 am

Seeing the last of the small wolves fall beneath the concentrated effort of the bald man it gave Lath confidence they were going to survive.

Lath reached out his hand once more, hoping that the magic would leech the rest of the life from the vile creature.

Eldritch Blast +4, 1d10 @ BW

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Kirfalas on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:18 pm

"Now then, let's finish this!" Adain shouted as he reloaded his crossbow, sidestepping the dwarf and taking aim at the big wolf. "Die, foul beast!"


OOC: Move to D4, ranged attack +5, 1d6+3, bonus ranged attack +5, 1d6+3.

Kirfalas
D2
D2

Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by kabetts on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Bryn takes a deep breath to let his frustration go before casting again. It would only make a bad situation worse to get upset about it.

Cast Firebolt @ BW - spell atk +5; 1d10 fire damage.

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Wallace on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:35 pm

He had seen what the wolf could do. Those claws could rip apart a dwarf in mere seconds and Bõ was not strongheaded enough to receive the same fate. He stared the beast right in the eyes to challenge it and make it attack him instead of the others, giving them time to recover and kill the beast for him. He watched every move and used both ends of his stick to block any attacks coming his way.

------------

Dodge

Wallace
D6
D6

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Mazzic on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:04 pm

Drawing upon the lyrical inspriation provided by Aidan, Durin-Daine tried once more to strike at the vicious, slavering beast.

Actions:
Attack +5 Big Bad Wolf
Use inspiration on attack roll

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Himo on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:15 pm

Now that the party had the upper hand the situation was completely reversed. Like they were the pack of rabid wolves they attacked the wolf from all sides. The beast staggered back, badly wounded, only to be swept up by a huge, thorny vine that erupted from the bushes to the left (east). The beast clawed in the loose sand to resist but was dragged into the bushes without much effort. The yelping faded away in the distance while the party stood dumbfounded in a stack of freshly slain wolves.

Rolls:

Bo: Dodging
Bryn: Firebolt: 12 + 5 = 17 Hit! 6 damage

Big bad wolf: Bite @ Bo: 2 + 4 = 6/8 + 5 = 13 Miss!

Rorik: Stand up, Warhammer @ BW: 9 + 4 = 13 Hit! 7 damage
Aidan: Crossbow: 14 + 5 = 19 Hit! 7 damage
Bonus Bolt: 11 + 6 = 16 Hit! 4 damage
Lath: Eldritch blast @ BW: 9 + 4 = 13 Hit! 5 damage
Durin-daine: Greatsword @ BW: 9 + 5 + 5 inspiration = 19 Hit! 10 damage

Himo
D4
D4

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-05-26
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by kabetts on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Bryn looked at the rest of the group and then back to where the wolf had disappeared into the bushes.

"I don't really spend a lot of time in the wilderness, but that was unusual right? I'm not the only one that thinks so?"

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Wallace on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Having pushed the big bad wolf's claw away to the side, Bõ was conveniently helped in killing the beast by the forest itself. He planted his staff in the ground and then leaned on it awkwardly as he contemplated the nature of this new phenomenon.

"Nature fights but we must rest to fight another day." He looked at the injured dwarf whose clothes were ripped to shreds and caked in blood.

Wallace
D6
D6

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Dagnon on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Lath's eyes widened as the massive creature was spirited away by the forest itself. "Brother that was decidedly unnatural....be on your guard!"

The elven warlock started to look around, for signs of what might have been so powerful as to wipe the wolf from their presence so quickly and easily!

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Kirfalas on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:12 pm

Aidan reloaded his crossbow and shouted. "Come back here, we're not done with you yet!" He lurched forward, then looked behind him at the rest of the group. "Come on, guys! We should finish the job!"

Kirfalas
D2
D2

Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Himo on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:46 pm

Suddenly the bushes moved again and a small girl with umber, plaited hair jumped out of a shrubbery. A slender, ice-coloured serpent no longer than a foot floated after her. On closer inspection the party saw that this was no child. Her face betrayed that she'd been alive for many decades already despite her mere three feet tall appearance. She had form-fitting clothes with her, clearly meant for hunting and carried two short swords in her hands. When she saw the bewildered looks on the party's faces she looked... amused.
"What are you standing there? It's spreading everywhere! We need to cut it down. C'mon, follow me!"
Her accent stretched the ending of each sentence with an upwards inflection. She clearly didn't come from the village neighbourhood.
"Oh, I see," she said, "you all look like manure. Can't fight like that."
From her backpack she retrieved a small box and tossed it in front of them. It looks like 5 containers filled with a reddish fluid.
"Well," she coaxed, "drink up!"


Last edited by Himo on Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Himo
D4
D4

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-05-26
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Rhoon on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Everything was hazy. Blinking once, then twice, Rorik's vision began to clear. The forest obstructed his view, but he could still tell the sky was clear. Time seemed to stand still as Rorik lay there, not realizing for several moments that he was indeed laying on the ground. Rorik wiggled his toes in his boots -- a good sign he wasn't dead or paralyzed. Turning his head from right to left, he finally realized there was still a battle raging around him, though it was as if someone was muffling the sound. Rorik wiggled his jaw around and popped his ears a few times and finally the sound came crushin

Sitting up was excruciatingly painful as the wound in Rorik's chest was still bleeding. Placing his hand over his chest, Rorik assessed his status. The gash wasn't as deep as he originally thought, but he still wanted to return the favor to the wolf. Launching to his feet he threw himself at the wolf and landed his axe squarely into the flank of the animal, causing it the same pain he had felt a few moments earlier.

Before Rorik could follow up with a second attack, a giant vine grabbed the wolf and pulled it into the forest. Standing there dumbfounded, the situation trumped itself and produced a short woman with potions. Looking up at the sky, looking for a sign that Zeus had sent him some help, but finding no such sign; Rorik decided to analyze the potion.

OOC:

Analyze the vials for medical qualities: Medicine: +4

Rhoon
Admin
Admin

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile http://d6d20.fullboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Kirfalas on Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Aidan shrugged and chugged down the potion. "What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger!"

Kirfalas
D2
D2

Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Dagnon on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:15 pm

With a shrug Lath stepped forward and took a vital, not drinking it as he had not suffered as the others, and waiting to see the effects...

OOC: pretty sure I didn't take damage.

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Himo on Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:54 pm

As Rorik took a vial and carefully analysed its contents, the halfling shot him some impatient looks.
"You think I'm trying to poison you?" she huffed. "My feelings hurt!"
The bard on the other hand had no such reservations. He chugged down the contents like it was nothing. Immediately the cuts on his body healed perfectly.
"See?" she beamed. "I like your gut! I want you all in shape for what's to come. The wolves are hardly the problem."

OOC:
Medicine roll: 6 + 4 = 10. Looks like a healing potion, but that's common knowledge. Can't be sure.
Aidan: 2d4 + 2 = 9 healing. Also tastes like a healing potion. Is a healing potion!

Himo
D4
D4

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-05-26
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Wallace on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:48 pm

"And what is the problem?" Bõ asked.

Wallace
D6
D6

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by kabetts on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:30 pm

Bryn took one of the potions as well.  Stashing it away inside his robe for later use, then waited patiently for the halfling to answer on what she thought the real problem might be.

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Mazzic on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:56 pm

Seeing no ill affects overtake the others, Durin-Daine helped himself to one of the potions. He needed to get his strength back after the intense fight.

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Himo on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:36 pm

"What the real problem is? That vine that you just saw is the real problem. Tumorous growths have sprung up throughout the entire forest. It's getting worse and worse. The growths smother the native plants and chase off the wildlife. You're probably here because the wolves were giving you trouble? I bet you would do the same if all your homes were smashed and your food strangled so that nothing is left for you any more. My and my tribesmen are now rooting out vines on a daily basis, but still new grow everywhere. The source must be somewhere else."

She was just finished talking when three vines burst forth from the bushes, one of them smashing into the ground just mere inches from the halfling.

"I see that formal introductions have to wait! If you would help me cut them down? Its source must be just behind that bush," and her swords flash towards a vine almost as thick as a man's body.

Map:

HL = Halfling
Vx = Angry vine the size of yo mama a giant snake

12345678
AL
BBRRBO
CADDHLV1
DV2
EV3
F
G
H
Rolls:
Durin-Daine: 2d4 + 2 = 8 healing


Last edited by Himo on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Himo
D4
D4

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-05-26
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by kabetts on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Having his fire spell still at the forefront of his mind, it was easy for Bryn to quickly send another into the vine nearest the halfling.

Cast Firebolt @ V1 - spell atk +5; 1d10 fire damage.

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Dagnon on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:35 pm

Lath jumped back in surprise, or, as he would later say as a carefully planned move to target the vine with his arcane abilities.

Reaching his hand out, his heart still pounding, he called upon the darkness once again to strike down the enemies that faced them.

OOC: Move back to A4, attack vine V3.
Eldritch Blast +4, 1d10 @ V3

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Mazzic on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:05 am

The day going to continue to be troublesome, it seemed to the tall dwarf. The potion that the halfing offered had restored some of his vigor however, and so he charged the nearest rampant vine, yelling and swinging his sword.

OOC:
Move to D7, Attack V2 +5

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum