Latest topics
» Clean up...
Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:48 pm by Dagnon

» May Day
Wed May 18, 2016 10:53 am by Rhoon

» Test game #1
Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:13 am by Wallace

» Rules
Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:05 am by Wallace

» Out of Thin Air
Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:46 pm by kabetts

» Kill Team Argentum
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:35 pm by Dagnon

» Vive la Resistance!
Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:01 am by Wallace

» Travel Companion: Dair Bronzehammer
Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:25 pm by Wallace

» Not all systems functional
Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:49 pm by Wallace


May Day

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Dagnon on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:51 pm

"Indeed wolves have decimated your flock, I do believe our prior guesses are correct in that something is driving the wolves from their homelands....though what would have that power is unknown even now."

Lath turned and left the barn, scanning the trees and knowing that was where they would have to head next....

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Himo on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:44 am

The party left the disembowelled animals for what they were and headed out. The forest was easy to find, because you could see the edge in the distance from Wilsom's farm. The common people steered clear of the forest, so no real paths existed. The party simply chose to walk between the sycamore trees that obscured the ground enough so that no dense shrubbery grew there. It was still humid in the forest as the watery spring sun wasn't strong enough to completely dry out the moisture. In the tree tops the birds were singing their songs and one time a squirrel crossed the party. The forest looked all right for now.

OOC:
Please define the marching order and the role you would like have while exploring in your next post (foraging, scouting, etc.)

Himo
D4
D4

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-05-26
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by kabetts on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:22 am

OOC: Bryn will try to find himself a place in the middle of the group, cast mage armor and then ogle the nature as if he were seeing it for the first time.

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Dagnon on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:08 pm

OOC: Lath will find his place in the middle as well.

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Wallace on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:32 pm

OOC: You know we gonna get ambushed from behind so that's where I'll be, at the back.

Wallace
D6
D6

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Mazzic on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:46 am

As the party moved to enter the woods, Durin-Daine noted that no one else appeared to desire the place of honor. Laughing slightly to himself he drew his two-handed sword and took the lead of the quickly developing column. "If ye cowering welps must march in a single file line, at least leave some space between ya. If yer that nervous about what lies ahead, bunching is a bad plan. One good volley of arrows or a nice fiery spell will do the lot of you in." With that inspirational piece of advice doled out, the Dwarf pushed into the woods, keeping a sharp watch on his surroundings for anything unusual.

Perception +3

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Rhoon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:15 am

Rorik welcomed Mayor Clane with a firm handshake, "Good Day to you, Sir! I completely understand and did not mean to offend. I'm simply offering the finest of brew in the name of our might God; who seems to have blessed this day by pushing the clouds away and providing a lovely sunshine to allow the setup!" Rorik motioned to the sky with his arms held out wide to point out that the sky had cleared and the sun was warm on everyone's shoulders. "Besides, I'm not really selling this fine brew, I am offering it free to anyone who makes a donation to the cause of helping the less fortunate."

It was during this conversation that Rorik saw a group of men being lead out by what looked like a local farmer. "Another dwarf, an elf and a few others," he thought to himself. "This is a weird lot..."

Turning back to the Mayor, "As it happens Mr. Mayor, I believe we've blessed this day enough. I will close up for today and reopen on the marrow to align myself better with the town's courtesy." With a gracious bow and another firm handshake, Rorik closed up the kegs and cleaned up the area, leaving the God Zeus to watch over the fine ale in his absence. "That was the weirdest lot of people I had ever seen. Perhaps this is why I was sent..." Rorik decided he would wonder down the same path as the group he spied and see where it lead him.

OOC:

Sorry I've been absent the last 10 days or so. I'll be more regular now that things are calming down again.

Rhoon
Admin
Admin

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile http://d6d20.fullboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Himo on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:09 pm

For all their nervousness they didn't even feel the icy blue eyes that tracked their movement. It was only when it finally had enough of their presence that the beast growled and jumped out of the bushes in front of them that they noticed the birds had stopped singing. The forest had become much more dense, more sinister and now thorny bushes grew on both sides of the small path. A beast that was almost six feet long and teeth that could chew through bones now stood before them, soon joined by four more of its Wolf kind which were much smaller. The party clearly ventured into the wrong neighbourhood.

OOC: I'll handle initiative. Just post actions. Will do a map later.


Last edited by Himo on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

Himo
D4
D4

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-05-26
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Mazzic on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:54 am

The appearance of the pack of wolves wasn't unexpected to the Duskhammer - after all, this is what they had trekked out here to find and deal with. The size though...that was a bit of a surprise. Something interesting was surely going on out here in the hinterlands of Austeria. Raising his greatsword the unusually tall Dwarf let out a yell, swinging at the nearest beast.

Actions:
Attack SW3
Greatsword +5


Last edited by Mazzic on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by kabetts on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:29 am

"I didn't expect them to be so big, Aren't they normally smaller like the ones in the barn?"

Bryn cast grease under the largest one and any others that he can get into the area.

OOC: Any creature that is in the 10 sq ft area of the spell when it's cast or who enters or ends their turn in that area must make a dex save DC 13 or fall prone.


Last edited by kabetts on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Kirfalas on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:04 am

Aidan quickly pulled out his handcrossbow and took aim of the large wolf. Having been silent for much too long, he coughed to clear his throat and shouted: "Stop! Duskhammer time!"

Trying to inspire his dwarven friend, he sang:

"Onward pounding, into glory stride,
Oh great Duskhammer, be our guide.
Final warning, all stand aside,
Oh great Duskhammer, it's our tiiiime!"



OOC: Ranged attack on the Big Wolf, +5, 1d6+3 piercing damage
Bonus action to inspire Durin-Daine, giving him +1d6 on 1 attack roll, ability check or saving throw of his choice


Last edited by Kirfalas on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kirfalas
D2
D2

Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Rhoon on Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:02 am

Rorik admired the birds chirping as he made his way down well worn road. Zeus had kept the clouds away and the sun shining on his shoulders, which was starting to warm him up almost a little too much. As if on queue, a cool gentle breeze moved through the trees and kept the sweat from beading up on his brow. It wasn't until Rorik happened upon a small little farm did Rorik notice that the birds had stopped chirping and the sun seemed to be hiding behind some trees; which cast a shadow over the area.

Scanning the surroundings, Rorik took note that this farm had encountered something awful, as there were several dead animals in the yard. About this time, there was a monstrous grow and cold shift in temperature coming from the forest. After a few minutes of cutting through the brush, Rorik notice commotion up ahead and moved in cautiously. When he heard a battle cry and wolves howling, he jumped into the clearing behind the group and joined the fray.

Upon noticing the size of the Alpha wolf, Rorik wondered what he had gotten into, "By the name of Zeus, you're one giant, ugly beast!".

OOC:
Edit: Removed attack for now, will wait to see how things work out. If no one needs healing, I'll attack.

Melee Attack: +3
Cast Heal: <researching>


Last edited by Rhoon on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Rhoon
Admin
Admin

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile http://d6d20.fullboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Wallace on Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:34 am

The bald-headed wanderer looked to cull the enemy's numbers before taking on the bigger threat with the rest of his compatriots. He skirted the edge of the encounter coming up on the nearest small wolf and hoping to dispatch with a few blows from his quarterstaff.

----------

Move next to square above SW4 and attack SW4
Quarterstaff: +5 to hit, 1d8+3 dmg
Polearm Master: +5 to hit, 1d4+3 dmg


Last edited by Wallace on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wallace
D6
D6

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Dagnon on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:56 pm

The walking through the trees was always something that had given Lath time to reflect.  The trees spoke to him, of serenity, calm, quiet and relaxation.  

For numerous decades, Lath had spent countless quiet hours reflecting on his life and his choices.  It was a similar setting, that the first voices had started to speak to him...dark and foreboding, calm and powerful.

That peaceful calm was broken by the roar of the giant beast.  Seeing the creature before them the elf felt a surge of adrenaline and energy.  Instinctively he called upon the dark energies that he was beginning to learn to control and unleashed a torrent of the power on the Alpha.

Eldirch Blast: Target SW4, +4  1d10 dmg

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Himo on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:42 pm

The first wolf moves to strike first, but Bo deftly intercepts it and hits it with two firm strokes of his quarterstaff. Bryn tries to slow the attackers by greasing the path in slick oil and partially succeeds as one wolf yelps and slips on the path. The wolf that Bo intercepted is pretty shaken up and tries a weak bite before succumbing to Lath's Eldritch blast.
Now the wolves attack in earnest. Durin-Daine as the front man takes the brunt of the attack. He is able to deflect the first blow, but the next wolf bites his off-hand and he is unable to defend himself from the big wolf's attack. They seem to be very effective when next to each other. Blood is gushing from everywhere, but luckily he feels the hand of Rorik on his shoulder and some of his wounds close. Aidan tries to shoot his crossbow at a wolf and to weave his subtle bardic magic, but fails in the heat of battle.
Durin-Daine grits his teeth, biting through the pain and tries to swing his great sword at the big wolf, but the blood in his eyes makes the swing go wide.

OOC:

Map after round 1: http://onlinetabletop.appspot.com/campaign/782001/encounter/1

Rolls:
Bo (readied action to hit SW4): Quarterstaff: 9 + 5 = 14 Hit! 4 damage
Polearm master: 10 + 5 = 15 Hit! 6 damage
Bryn: Casts Grease @ H5, H6, G5, G6:
Big wolf, dex save (DC 13): 14, success
Wolf 2, dex save (DC 13): 10, failure (status: prone)

Wolf 4: Bite @ Bo: 2 + 4 = 6 Miss!
Wolf 2: Prone, uses half movement to stand up.
Bite @ Durin-Daine: 14 + 4 = 18 Hit! 6 damage
Wolf 1: Moves to flank
Wolf 3: Bite @ Durin-Daine: 6 + 4 = 10 Miss!
Big bad wolf: Bite @ Durin-Daine: 19 + 4 = 23/8 + 4 = 12 Hit! 8 damage

Rorik: Cure wounds @ Durin-Daine: 1d8 + 3 = 5 Healing
Aidan: Attack Big bad wolf: 4 + 5 = 9 Miss!
Inspiration Die (d6) to Durin-Daine
Lath: Eldritch blast @ SW4: 15 + 4 = 19 Hit! 6 damage (killed SW4)
Durin-dain: Greatsword@ SW3: 4 + 5 = 9 Miss!

Himo
D4
D4

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-05-26
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Dagnon on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:57 pm

"Foul beasts, the dwarf will die if they strike him again!"

Lath took aim yet again with his dark magics and shot them at one of the smaller wolves, flanking the alpha.

Eldritch Blast +4, 1d10 @ SW3

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by kabetts on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:02 pm

Bryn watched as the wolves worked together to attack his friend and thought quickly that perhaps if he put something in front of the wolf it might help. He began to motion and speak to bring the magic into being.

Cast: Minor Illusion - create a tower shield between DD and the big wolf.
Intelligence (investigation) DC-13 and standard action to determine that it's not real, or interact with it.

kabetts
D6
D6

Posts : 113
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Kirfalas on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:45 am

"Be careful, wolves hunt in packs!" Aidan quickly sidestepped and aimed his handcrossbow at one of the smaller wolves. "Let's see you help your master after I put some bolts between your eyes!"

He pulled the trigger and shot, his off-hand ready with another bolt, reloading instantly and firing again in the blink of an eye.


OOC: Move 1 square to the left, ranged attack on small wolf 3, +5, 1d6+3 piercing damage
Bonus action to reload and shoot again,  ranged attack on small wolf 3, +5, 1d6+3 piercing damage

Kirfalas
D2
D2

Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Rhoon on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:49 pm

The wolves were mangy looking creatures, like they had crawled out of the depths of hell on the wrong side of the bed. Fangs fully bared, soaked in drool and a blood thirst in their eyes. They seemed to like Dwarven meat as they attacked the lead dwarf in particular, who had a number of nasty looking bite wounds, tears and blood oozing from his body -- hopefully the wolves weren't diseased.

Moving forward to render what aid he could to the Dwarf, "Bloody 'ell man! Can't you dodge on those clothes?" Rorik scolded his fellow; though it was more for the fact that Rorik himself was rusty with his clerical skills and he didn't know how long he could keep this man from becoming puppy kibble.

OOC:

Move to C6 (If attacked, use Wrath of the Storm to rebuke any attack).
Cure wounds: +3 (This is my last healing spell, so better kill these things quickly).

Rhoon
Admin
Admin

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile http://d6d20.fullboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Mazzic on Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:15 pm

The years of travel, largely peaceful, had made Durin-Daine rustier than he thought. Missing with his sword and then being savaged by the too-numerous wolves, he considered his options. He could fight on, and perhaps die on behalf of these strangers. He could enter the battle-fury and attempt to wolf-murder himself out, of course. But if he was being honest with himself, Duskhammer didn't really know any of these people. Aside from the fellow Dwarf who had oddly arrived from nowhere and the silent bald human, he held no regard for any of them. Eyeing the big bastard wolf directly in front of him, Durin-Daine did the only sensible thing, and raised his weapon...to fend off any attack that came as he put the mass of would-be village heroes between him and another mauling.

Actions:
Disengage
Move behind the group

Mazzic
D4
D4

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Wallace on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:25 pm

The walking stick hit the wolf in its side and it yelped before he hit it again in the head with the other end. It was just barely standing when the warlock finished the beast off with a well-aimed blast of magic energies. He glanced at the fellow as a way of thanks in the struggle but noticed he was already focusing on another target in front of the group.

One wolf seemed to try and sneak up on the side of the party and Bõ had no intention of letting it maul one of these people by outflanking them. He stepped in its way and took a step towards it twirling the staff and trying to hit it as many times as he could.

----------

Move to square right of SW1 and attack SW1
Quarterstaff: +5 to hit, 1d8+3 dmg
Polearm Master: +5 to hit, 1d4+3 dmg

Wallace
D6
D6

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Himo on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Bo was clearly very serious about this fight. Nothing would slip past his bald visage. Two quick strikes made quick work of the flanking wolf. Bryn, a man of magic, tried to confuse the wolves by creating the illusion of a tower shield right in front of them. He hoped that the wolves would stand dumb-founded, but he was out of luck. The fell creatures aggressively jumped around it, their eyes hungry after the first bite. Durin-Daine could only muster a single strike before the first one went for his throat. After the mighty warrior has fallen, the rest became easy targets of opportunity. One bit Bryn's outstretched hands as he was casting and the alpha lunged at Rorik, slashing open his chest. Lath clearly lost his cool after that and his eldritch blast went wide. It was the bard that salvaged what little they could. In his distress he missed the first bolt, but his lightning-fast reflexes granted him a second chance. With a shot right between the eyes the second wolf was finished.

Rolls:

Bo: Quarterstaff: 9 + 5 = 14 Hit! 4 damage
Polearm master: 11 + 5 = 16 Hit! 7 damage (Wolf 1 = dead)
Bryn: casts Minor Illusion.

Wolf 2: Bite @ Durin-Daine: 14 + 4 = 18 Hit! 6 damage (Durin-Daine = Dying)
Wolf 3: Bite @ Bryn: 19 + 4 = 23 Hit! 4 damage
Big bad wolf: Bite @ Rorik: 7 + 4 = 11/13 + 4 = 17 Hit! 10 damage (Dying)
Reaction: Wrath of the Storm: Dex save = 18 Save! 6 damage

Rorik: Dying save = 10 (1 save)
Aidan: Bolt @ SW3: 3 + 5 = 8 Miss!
Bolt @ SW3: 20 + 5 = 25 Hit! Confirmation: 9 + 5 = 14 Hit! 13 critical damage (Wolf 3 = dead)
Lath: Eldritch blast @ SW2: 6 + 4 = 10 Miss!
Durin-daine: Greatsword reaction to movement @ SW2: 17 + 5 = 22 Hit! 9 damage
Dying save = 7 (1 failure)

Map after round 2:

12345678
ABOAL
BBRR
CDDSW2BW
D
E
F
G
H

Himo
D4
D4

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-05-26
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Kirfalas on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:57 pm

Aidan barely controlled his anger at seeing both dwarves fall. "By the Gods, Double D, you cannot fall! Your legend has only just begun!" He kneeled besides the fallen berserker and started singing softly.

"Bravery calls your name,
In the sound of the wind in the night.
Your sword will drink blood,
And you will fight,
Yes, you will fight,
In the dawn of battle!"


Beneath his hands, Durin-Daine's wounds started to mend. The bard then stood up and reloaded his crossbow, shouting. "Dawn of baaatttlleeee!"


OOC: Move to B4 if BR moves, otherwise move to C4 (safest spot has priority, want to stay out of melee range)
Cast Cure Wounds on Durin-Daine. Heal: 1d8+2


Last edited by Kirfalas on Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kirfalas
D2
D2

Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Wallace on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Dispatching the small wolf seemed like child's play to the bald-headed man. He turned and weaved his way through the party by way of twirling and jumping until he reached the big wolf. He looked it in the eye and then turned his attention to the small wolf next to it and with some chopping motions decided to make short work of the little one first.

----------

Move to B7 and attack SW2
Quarterstaff: +5 to hit, 1d8+3 dmg
Polearm Master: +5 to hit, 1d4+3 dmg

Wallace
D6
D6

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Dagnon on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Lath stepped over to get a clear shot and lashed out with his unholy powers one more time.

Eldritch Blast +4, 1d10 @ BW

Dagnon
D6
D6

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Whitefish, MT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum